- Follow AUTO DEALER + COVERAGE BUZZ on WordPress.com
- MINNESOTA NO-FAULT ACT: WHEN IS AN INJURED CLAIMANT “OCCUPYING” A VEHICLE – “IN,” “ON,” “ENTERING INTO” AND “ALIGHTING FROM”
- MN AUTO COVERAGE: NON-EXISTENT POLICY EXCLUSIONS, CONFORMITY CLAUSES & THE NO-FAULT ACT
- Minnesota No-Fault Coverage: “Stacking” the Weekly Rate-of-Pay-Limit
- G Johnson Law: Neutral Insurance Coverage Evaluations
- Minnesota Auto Coverage: Supreme Court holds that Non-Licensed Insurers Must Pay Minnesota Benefits Too
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2015.
Top Posts & Pages
- Protecting the Dealership's "Front-End" and "Back-End": What Does that Mean?
- Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver's Insurer Required to Provide a "Comparable" Rental Vehicle?
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Dealership Arranged Financing: The Indirect Auto Lending Process
- Hey Dealer, Can I Get a Loaner?
- Auto Coverage: Are Household (Family Member) Step-Down Exclusions Void Under Minnesota Law?
- The Graves Amendment: Is an Auto Dealer Vicariously Liable for a Customer’s Negligent Operation of a Loaner Vehicle?
- CGL Coverage:"Your Work" Exclusion Comes Full Circle -- Deletion of Subcontractor Exception
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (5)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (5)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (5)
- October 2014 (3)
- September 2014 (11)
- August 2014 (9)
- November 2010 (6)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (7)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (8)
- J.D. Power’s Finbarr O’Neill Joins APCO Holdings BoardFinbarr O’Neill, who is set to retire from J.D. Power this month, was weighing his options for retirement when the vehicle service contract administrator invited him to join its board of directors.
- Auto/Mate Updates Open/Mate Integration InterfaceThe latest update to Open/Mate’s API was designed to enable auto dealers to use third-party systems to create repair orders.
- It’s a Process: How BPM Benefits DealersOmnichannel systems are backed by business process management, which works behind the scenes to manage the components of online and instore sales.
- AutoLoop Adds New MPI ToolAutoLoop’s new multipoint inspection tool was designed to help dealers earn service customers’ trust and sell more recommended work.
- RouteOne, MaximTrak Streamline F&I Process With New FunctionalityThe new functionality allows product documents from the 110-plus F&I product providers connected to MaximTrak’s sales and F&I solution to be included in RouteOne’s econtracting package for a single, electronic consumer signing ceremony,
- Manheim Releases Mobile App for DealersManheim Express is a new mobile application designed to offer dealers new ways to list and sell inventory in the Manheim Marketplace.
- March Madness: How to Coach Your RookiesGive green peas a fair chance at success by playing to their strengths, building trust in the process, adjusting when needed, and allowing them to close deals.
- DealersLink to Unveil Vehicle Pricing Tool at NADAThe new tool lets users know who their new-car competitors are and features in-depth descriptions, rebate and incentive management, automated updates, and supply-and-demand insights.
- GWC Warranty and Nicholas Financial Form Strategic AllianceThe vehicle service contract provider and auto finance company to offer financing and VSCs to auto dealers and car buyers.
- myKaarma Launches SmartAssist AI for Fixed OpsmyKaarma’s new artificial intelligence tool was designed to help dealership personnel communicate with customers throughout the service process.
- J.D. Power’s Finbarr O’Neill Joins APCO Holdings Board
- Budget Launches Taiwanese OperationsOperations opened at the Taoyuan International Airport, Taichung International Airport, Kaohsiung International Airport, and Taipei's Main Station.
- JUCY RV Rentals Opens Vancouver LocationThe JUCY Vancouver branch is located in Point Roberts, Wa., a 40-minute drive from the Vancouver International Airport.
- Cross Border Xpress Wins Passenger Experience AwardThe pedestrian bridge that links San Diego and the Tijuana International Airport earned the award for safety, convenience, and cost efficiency in servicing over 3.2 million passengers on nonstop flights to over 30 destinations in Mexico.
- Go Rentals Wins Customer Satisfaction AwardCustomer service was identified as a key driver of overall satisfaction and for Go Rentals it represented the majority of influence
- Navotar Partners with Verification Service for Fraud PreventionNavotar aims to eliminate manual screening errors and fraud, as well as speed up the document inspection process and reduce employee training, operating costs, and customer inconvenience.
- Rentalcars Connect Announces 30% Client GrowthThe company also grew its staff by about 40%.
- Trends Moving the Truck MarketStorylines that emerged from the 2018 Work Truck Show include the increasing need for on-site productivity, inclusion of active safety systems in trucks, DPF frustrations affecting product decisions, data management, and the growing link between fleet management and company revenue.
- NLRB Overturns Joint Employer RuleAccording to Richard Alaniz, a partner at Cruickshank & Alaniz, a labor and employment firm, there are many open questions as a result of the decision, which could affect car rental franchises.
- GM to Pilot Peer-to-Peer 'Airbnb for Your Car' ProgramThe program, which is slated to start in early summer, will allow GM vehicle owners to rent out their vehicles on Maven’s platform when they're not in use.
- Ford Recalls 1.4M Sedans for Steering WheelsThe majority of affected vehicles were sold in the U.S., but some are in Canada and Mexico, according to the automaker.
- Budget Launches Taiwanese Operations
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Insurance
By Greg Johnson. A 2014 decision of the South Carolina Supreme Court decision invalidating a household (a/k/a “family” or “intra-family”) “step-down” (a/k/a “drop-down”) to a personal auto policy caused me to dust off my research from over a decade ago … Continue reading
Every once in awhile a policyholder asks whether the costs it incurred in addressing a third-party property damage claim, such as inspection costs, personnel costs, overhead costs and attorneys’ fees are covered by its Commercial General Liability (“CGL”) policy. Unless the costs qualify … Continue reading
I often receive questions regarding the “rules” which apply to accidents involving rental vehicles, loaner vehicles, leased vehicles, demos, spot-delivered vehicles, etc. I thought I’d take some time to update some of my seminar materials and provide an update. … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson. Deciding whether to defend the insured in a third-party lawsuit (which generally involves a comparison between the allegations of the complaint and the policy), can be simple, complex or somewhere in between. Regardless, insurers should always factor in the potential risks … Continue reading
I was dusting off some old seminar materials and ran across an article I had written back in 1995 regarding the use of high-low coverage agreements. In light of the economy and insurer’s efforts to save costs, the article is perhaps even … Continue reading
CGL Coverage: Latent Defects and Continuous, Progressive or Recurring Damages (Allocation of Liability)
By Greg Johnson. Which CGL policy (or policies) will apply in a property damage claim involving continuing, progressive or recurring damages? Whether the underlying claim is one of environmental liability, asbestos, construction defect or products liability, claims involving damages which extend … Continue reading