- Follow AUTO DEALER + COVERAGE BUZZ on WordPress.com
- MINNESOTA NO-FAULT ACT: WHEN IS AN INJURED CLAIMANT “OCCUPYING” A VEHICLE – “IN,” “ON,” “ENTERING INTO” AND “ALIGHTING FROM”
- MN AUTO COVERAGE: NON-EXISTENT POLICY EXCLUSIONS, CONFORMITY CLAUSES & THE NO-FAULT ACT
- Minnesota No-Fault Coverage: “Stacking” the Weekly Rate-of-Pay-Limit
- G Johnson Law: Neutral Insurance Coverage Evaluations
- Minnesota Auto Coverage: Supreme Court holds that Non-Licensed Insurers Must Pay Minnesota Benefits Too
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2015.
Top Posts & Pages
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver's Insurer Required to Provide a "Comparable" Rental Vehicle?
- Protecting the Dealership's "Front-End" and "Back-End": What Does that Mean?
- Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
- Dealership Arranged Financing: The Indirect Auto Lending Process
- Guest Article Jim Ragodna: Compliance vs. Ethics: The Lines are Getting Blurry in the Car Business
- Hey Dealer, Can I Get a Loaner?
- The Comprehensive Guide to the 2013 Auto Dealer’s Coverage Form: “Acts, Errors or Omissions” Coverage for Violations of Federal and State Consumer Protection Statutes Affecting the Auto Dealer’s F&I Department Operations.
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Auto Dealer-Arranged Financing and the Truth in Lending Act: Understanding the Basics
- Liability Insurance: The Risks of Denying a Duty to Defend
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (5)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (5)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (5)
- October 2014 (3)
- September 2014 (11)
- August 2014 (9)
- November 2010 (6)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (7)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (8)
- J.D. Power: Wholesale Prices Decline in JuneJune wholesale prices for used vehicles up to eight years in age fell by an average of 0.9% compared to May. Losses at the segment level were less than historic norms across the board on both the mainstream and premium sides of the market, the firm said.
- Manheim Sees Record-Level Digital Adoption in First HalfThe company reported that 45% of vehicles sold in the first half were to digital buyers on Manheim.com. The firm also detailed enhancements it’s planning to make to the Manheim Marketplace over the next few months.
- Penske to Install Reynolds docuPAD in All StoresPenske said today it intends to integrate electronic document management to improve workflow and efficiency and install the Reynolds docuPAD system in F&I departments across more than 120 Penske dealerships.
- Dent Wizard Acquires Image AutoDent Wizard International has acquired Image Auto, a regional provider of recon and wheel repair services.
- Wheel's Auto, Monroneylabels.com Team Up on New Monroney Label HoldersWheel’s Automotive Dealer Supplies Inc. and Monroneylabels.com have teamed up to jazz up the Monroney Label and add a little merchandising punch to the mandated sheet of paper.
- AutoGravity Names New CEO, CTOAlex Mallman, who most recently served as president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Auto Finance China, replaces AutoGravity’s co-founder and CEO Andy Hinrichs, who left in May, according to the Orange County Business Journal.
- HyreCar Partners With DriveItAwayA new strategic partnership between HyreCar and DriveItAway was designed to extend a turnkey carsharing solution to auto dealers across the country.
- GoMoto Announces Integration With AutosoftThe software firm's Virtual Service Advisor is now integrated with Autosoft's DMS. GoMoto users can now open repair orders, update customer appointments and information, and offer trade appraisals and upsell every customer.
- Ally, NAMAD Honor Rising Auto Retail Leader With Inaugural 'Ally Sees Her' AwardAlly and the National Association of Minority Automobile Dealers honored Karmala Sutton, a dealer in training at Honda of Kenosha in Bristol, Wis.
- KEEPS Founder Ray Branch RetiresVernon ‘Ray’ Branch, founder of fixed ops solutions provider KEEPS Inc., has retired at the end of a 25-year run.
- J.D. Power: Wholesale Prices Decline in June
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Auto Dealer
By Jim Ragodna. Ethics and compliance are different from each other, but both are vitally important to the long-term success of dealerships and automotive professionals. Often the terms “unethical” and “illegal” are used interchangeably. Ethics is personal – it means … Continue reading
The Liability Insurer’s “Hidden” Duty to Defend– the Obligation to Pay for its Insured’s Affirmative Claims.
By Greg Johnson. The typical liability insurance policy requires the insurer to “defend” the insured (i.e., dealership) if it is sued by a third-party on a claim covered by the policy. Often, the “defense” feature of a liability policy is … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson. The Minnesota Supreme Court recently issued a decision interpreting the Minnesota Motor Vehicle Sale and Distribution Act (“MVSDA”), Minn. Stat. §§ 80E.01 .17 (2014). In Wayzata Nissan LLC v. Nissan North America, Inc., Case No. A14-1652 2016 … Continue reading
By Jim Radogna. It’s not uncommon for me to be asked to weigh in on the occasional compliance conundrum posed on some social media forum. Many such inquiries involve disagreements about long-held beliefs in F&I and whether or not they’re … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson. On November 19, 2015, U.S. District Judge Marianne O. Battani of the Eastern District of Michigan issued an Order Granting Final Approval of an initial, partial settlement of $59 million to auto dealers in the multi-district (MDL) … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson. I remember when my dad sold AMC Gremlins for $1,999 in the early 1970’s. Yes, I grew up with Hornets, Javelins, Matadors, Pacers and Gremlins — probably the most bizarre car line ever produced in America, or … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson. Why do dealerships keep purchasing statutory errors and omissions coverage that is not likely to protect the dealership if it is sued by a customer for truth in lending violations? I’ve been handling dealership insurance coverage disputes … Continue reading