- Follow AUTO DEALER + COVERAGE BUZZ on WordPress.com
- MINNESOTA NO-FAULT ACT: WHEN IS AN INJURED CLAIMANT “OCCUPYING” A VEHICLE – “IN,” “ON,” “ENTERING INTO” AND “ALIGHTING FROM”
- MN AUTO COVERAGE: NON-EXISTENT POLICY EXCLUSIONS, CONFORMITY CLAUSES & THE NO-FAULT ACT
- Minnesota No-Fault Coverage: “Stacking” the Weekly Rate-of-Pay-Limit
- G Johnson Law: Neutral Insurance Coverage Evaluations
- Minnesota Auto Coverage: Supreme Court holds that Non-Licensed Insurers Must Pay Minnesota Benefits Too
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2015.
Top Posts & Pages
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver's Insurer Required to Provide a "Comparable" Rental Vehicle?
- Protecting the Dealership's "Front-End" and "Back-End": What Does that Mean?
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Auto Dealer-Arranged Financing and the Truth in Lending Act: Understanding the Basics
- The Graves Amendment: Is an Auto Dealer Vicariously Liable for a Customer’s Negligent Operation of a Loaner Vehicle?
- Dealership Arranged Financing: The Indirect Auto Lending Process
- Auto Coverage: Are Household (Family Member) Step-Down Exclusions Void Under Minnesota Law?
- Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
- Rental Car Coverage: Diminution in Value, Loss of Use & Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) -- the Basics
- Minnesota Supreme Court Rules in Nissan Dealer Relocation Case under MVSDA
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (5)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (5)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (5)
- October 2014 (3)
- September 2014 (11)
- August 2014 (9)
- November 2010 (6)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (7)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (8)
- CDK Global Launches Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange PlatformThe plug-and-play platform is designed to allow developers, OEMs, and dealers to leverage, build, innovate, and securely integrate solutions and workflows. According to company officials, the platform makes designing, building and publishing new solutions a simple administrative function.
- RouteOne’s MaximTrak Rolls Out Digital Retailing PlatformMaximTrak aims to redefine the F&I transaction with its new FLITE ENGAGE digital retailing platform. Designed to provide an omnichannel experience, the platform can be used by dealership personnel in the showroom or by consumers on their mobile device.
- LoJack Debuts Next-Gen Connected Car TechLoJack is showcasing ‘next-generation’ telematics and stolen vehicle recovery technology at the 2018 NADA convention.
- Spireon Debuts Kahu Updates at NADASpireon’s connected dealer solution now features advanced analytics, enterprise group management, and consumer mobile engagement to drive loyalty and profit for dealers.
- Zurich to Showcase F&I Online Consumer Education Program at NADAZurich continues to enhance its digital presence with the introduction of a co-branded F&I landing page dealers can add to their websites. The new offering, which will be on display at NADA 2018, is designed to educate internet shoppers about F&I protection products.
- DealerSocket to Display Enhanced Auto Retail Tech at NADADealerSocket has announced improvements related to CRM, sales, inventory, and pricing to coincide with this week’s NADA convention.
- AutoLoop Acquires Trade-In ValetThe acquisition adds a new online appraisal tool to AutoLoop’s suite of dealership sales and service solutions.
- J.D. Power Taps Technology Visionary as President and CEODave Habiger, a seasoned technology sector visionary who has led several initial public offerings and served as CEO of multiple public companies, succeeds Finbarr O’Neill as the data and analytics firm’s new chief executive.
- Bosch Debuts Virtual Assistant at NADA‘Charlie’ is a new virtual service assistant designed to make dealership service faster while training techs in the process.
- RouteOne, ODE Alliance Targets Longstanding F&I ChallengesOfficials with both companies said the technology convergence resulting from the new alliance will eliminate the need for traditional system-to-system integration and creates the broadest access point in the industry for dealers to connect with finance sources, OEMs, and F&I product providers.
- CDK Global Launches Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange Platform
- [VIDEO]: Dash Cam Shows NZ Rental Car Driver's Near Head-On CollisionPolice are also investigating the incidient, as New Zealand law requires drivers to have 100 meters of clear road ahead once they have passed a vehicle.
- Used Vehicle Sales Increase 1.6% to 39.2MThe used-vehicle industry reached a record-breaking 39.2 million in sales in 2017, representing a 1.6% year-over-year increase, according to the latest Used Car Report from Edmunds.
- Alabama Car Rental Tax Bill Awaiting Governor's SignatureRevenue from the tax increase, estimated to be $3 million annually, will help fund the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Complex project.
- Sixt Records 2017 U.S. Revenue of $395 MillionErich Sixt: “The USA offers our company enormous growth potential for the coming years.”
- Surprice Expands into AustriaSurprice's Austrian location marks the company's presence in 26 countries.
- Avis Ranked Best Car Rental Company by Customer Loyalty GroupAvis received the highest marks in the car rental category by ranking first across all four behavioral engagement categories.
- Fetch Launches Peer-to-Peer Fleet Rental AppThe company claims that by listing vehicles on Fetch, owners can earn as much as $1,500 per vehicle every month.
- UAE's 'Udrive' Expands, Offers First Hour of Rental for FreeCurrently, Udrive's pay-per-minute service has 20,000 registered users and records 600 trips daily.
- Hertz, Eurowings Form Global Partnership, Merge Discounts, Rewards ProgramsTo mark the start of the partnership, one of Eurowings' planes will soon feature Hertz branding on its exterior.
- Emov Expands to Lisbon, Launches Corporate Accounts in MadridBoth residents and tourists will be able to access the carsharing service through their smartphones.
- [VIDEO]: Dash Cam Shows NZ Rental Car Driver's Near Head-On Collision
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Author Archives: Gregory J. Johnson
By Greg Johnson, Esq. Every once in a while, a Minnesota motor vehicle insurer will claim that its policy incorporates an exclusion or limitation authorized by the No-Fault Act, but not found in the policy, to defeat coverage for a … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson, Esq. The Minnesota No-Fault Automobile Insurance Act requires that every policy issued in Minnesota afford “a minimum of $40,000 for loss arising loss arising out of the injury of any one person, consisting of: (1) $20,000 for … Continue reading
Mr. Johnson provides neutral insurance coverage evaluations in Minnesota. This is a form of non-binding, alternate dispute resolution where disputing parties agree to submit their coverage positions to a subject expert in writing to evaluate whether coverage exists for a … Continue reading
Minnesota Auto Coverage: Supreme Court holds that Non-Licensed Insurers Must Pay Minnesota Benefits Too
By Greg Johnson, Esq. The Minnesota Supreme Court recently issued its decision in Founders Ins. Co. v. Yates, No. A15-1174, 2016 WL 7118918 (Minn. Dec. 7, 2016), a case I handled at the Supreme Court level on behalf of Yates. … Continue reading
Minnesota First-Party Coverages: Recovering Consequential Damages in Addition to the Policy Benefits when the Insurer Declines or Unreasonably Delays Payment.
By Greg Johnson, Esq. Sometimes an unpublished appellate decision has some important rulings. In Swanny of Hugo, Inc. v. Integrity Mutual Ins. Co., 2015 WL 9437571 (Minn. Ct. App. 2015), the Minnesota Court of Appeals addressed the issue of whether … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson, Esq. In Founders Insurance Company v. Yates, A15-1174 (Minn. Ct. App. Feb. 29, 2016), the Minnesota Court of Appeals recently held that an auto insurer that is not licensed to write motor vehicle insurance in Minnesota (“out-of-state … Continue reading