- Follow AUTO DEALER + COVERAGE BUZZ on WordPress.com
- MINNESOTA NO-FAULT ACT: WHEN IS AN INJURED CLAIMANT “OCCUPYING” A VEHICLE – “IN,” “ON,” “ENTERING INTO” AND “ALIGHTING FROM”
- MN AUTO COVERAGE: NON-EXISTENT POLICY EXCLUSIONS, CONFORMITY CLAUSES & THE NO-FAULT ACT
- Minnesota No-Fault Coverage: “Stacking” the Weekly Rate-of-Pay-Limit
- G Johnson Law: Neutral Insurance Coverage Evaluations
- Minnesota Auto Coverage: Supreme Court holds that Non-Licensed Insurers Must Pay Minnesota Benefits Too
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2015.
Top Posts & Pages
- Protecting the Dealership's "Front-End" and "Back-End": What Does that Mean?
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver's Insurer Required to Provide a "Comparable" Rental Vehicle?
- Auto Dealer-Arranged Financing and the Truth in Lending Act: Understanding the Basics
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Rental Car Coverage: Diminution in Value, Loss of Use & Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) -- the Basics
- Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
- Odd Federal Graves Amendment Case: to Avoid Vicarious Liability Owner of Vehicle Must Prove its Affiliate was also Free of Negligence.
- Dealership Arranged Financing: The Indirect Auto Lending Process
- Hey Dealer, Can I Get a Loaner?
- The Graves Amendment: Is an Auto Dealer Vicariously Liable for a Customer’s Negligent Operation of a Loaner Vehicle?
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (5)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (5)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (5)
- October 2014 (3)
- September 2014 (11)
- August 2014 (9)
- November 2010 (6)
- October 2010 (3)
- September 2010 (5)
- August 2010 (7)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (8)
- F&I Express Adds to Leadership TeamThe firm today announced the appointment of Gary Peek, a more than 20-year software industry veteran, as CIO. Also joining the company is Mike Llewellyn, who will serve as product manager for F&I Express’ ecancellation solution, Express Recoveries.
- Range Rover Wins IHS Markit Loyalty AwardThe Land Rover Range Rover earned the highest loyalty score for any luxury full-size SUV in IHS Markit’s 2017 model-year rankings.
- LotLinx Names Gee Leung COOLeung brings 20 years of digital media and technology experienced to LotLinx’s growing executive team.
- Black Book: Subcompact Crossovers Register Steep Value DeclinesSubcompact crossovers joined the full-size vans and minivans as the truck categories registering the steepest declines in value last week, while subcompact cars joined full-size cars and sporty cars as the depreciation leaders in the car segment.
- Cox Automotive: Car Buyers Still Need DealersCox Automotive’s ‘Future of Digital Retail Study’ reveals that dealerships remain central to the car-buying experience, but the instore experience tends to fall short of consumer expectations.
- What’s Next? Experts to Share 2018 Predictions in Complì WebinarComplì’s ‘2018 Predictions for Dealers’ webinar will feature a who’s who of automotive industry thought leaders.
- Judge Again Rules in Favor of Trump in Battle for Control of CFPBA federal judge denied a request by a high-ranking CFPB official for a preliminary injunction to remove President Trump’s appointee as acting head of the agency. The decision sets the stage for a possible appeal.
- InterActiveTel Welcomes Bounds to Director RoleJeff Bounds, former national sales director for Dominion Dealer Solutions, has joined InteractiveTel as the company’s director of business development.
- Chase Joins AutoFi’s Digital Retailing PlatformThrough the newly forged partnership, Chase will deliver financing terms online through the AutoFi Platform. The finance source is the first national bank to join the Ford Credit-backed AutoFi platform.
- Seller’s Market: 33% of Americans Want New CarsNearly one-third of licensed U.S. drivers are thinking about buying a new vehicle in 2018 and 15% said they will, according to a new survey commissioned by GM BuyPower Card.
- F&I Express Adds to Leadership Team
- Fox Opens in San AntonioThe new location, opening today, is located in the car rental center at the San Antonio International Airport.
- Abrams Carsharing Advisors Rebrands as Abrams Mobility AdvisorsThe pivot will occur 10 years after the brand's initial launch.
- International Car Rental Show Announces Full ScheduleThe 2018 event features more than 40 hours of programming, including a keynote address from Alexander Sixt as well as seminar topics covering sexual harassment, cybersecurity and terrorism, the wholesale market, legal and legislative updates, and many more.
- Lyft, Aptiv Extending Las Vegas Semi-Autonomous Taxi ProgramFollowing CES, Aptiv CTO Glen De Vos hinted that the two tech companies are looking to bring the pilot program to a second market.
- Auto Rental News Expands as Online-Only BrandThe magazine has discontinued the print edition, but will continue to publish news, feature stories, analyses, and market statistics through its website to address its growing international audience.
- Calif. Judge to Approve $7M Uber SettlementThe lawsuit was brought against the company by drivers in California for alleged labor-code violations.
- Audi Launches Car Rental Service in SingaporeAudi On Demand launched with a fleet of 10 vehicles; rates start at $76 for four hours.
- car2go Reports 30% Growth in 2017With 2.97 million customers, the company has been able to strengthen its global market leadership in the flexible carsharing sector.
- Enterprise Re-enlists Kristen Bell, Joel McHale for Ad CampaignThe new campaign will feature the actors in both television ads and digital shorts to showcase the range of transportation solutions offered by Enterprise.
- Omega World Travel Honors EnterpriseOmega World Travel honored Enterprise Rent-A-Car with the Car Rental of the Year award.
- Fox Opens in San Antonio
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Self Insured Retention
Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
By Greg Johnson. In Nelson v. Artley, 2014 Ill App (1st) 121681, reh’g denied (July 16, 2014), the court held that a self-insured car rental company (Enterprise) was required to pay a $600,000 judgment against its renter despite the fact … Continue reading
By Greg Johnson. The determination of whether a self-insured retention (SIR) constitutes “insurance” within the meaning of an “other insurance” clause of another policy generally depends on the particular circumstances presented. See, e.g., Champlain Cas. Co. v. Agency Rent-A-Car, Inc., … Continue reading
Can a self-insured retention (“SIR”) or large deductible under one policy constitute “insurance” within the meaning of another insurer’s “other insurance” clause? This situation typically arises in cases where the mutual insured (1) is a named insured under a liability … Continue reading