- Follow AUTO DEALER BUZZ on WordPress.com
- Dealership Arranged Financing: The Indirect Auto Lending Process
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver’s Insurer Required to Provide a “Comparable” Rental Vehicle?
- Auto Dealer Risk Management: Negotiating Dealer-Lender Agreement Terms
- CFPB to Allow Consumers to Voice Complaints Publicly
- Auto Dealers & Regulatory Compliance: If the FTC Comes Knocking
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2010.
Top Posts & Pages
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Auto Dealer-Arranged Financing and the Truth in Lending Act: Understanding the Basics
- The Graves Amendment: Is an Auto Dealer Vicariously Liable for a Customer’s Negligent Operation of a Loaner Vehicle?
- The Comprehensive Guide to the 2013 Auto Dealer’s Coverage Form: “Acts, Errors or Omissions” Coverage for Violations of Federal and State Consumer Protection Statutes Affecting the Auto Dealer’s F&I Department Operations.
- Auto Dealer Arranged Financing: 51 Laws Dealers Must Know
- CGL Coverage: Latent Defects and Continuous, Progressive or Recurring Damages (Allocation of Liability)
- The Graves Amendment: Does it Shield a Taxi-Cab Company from Vicarious Liability?
- Auto Dealers & Regulatory Compliance: If the FTC Comes Knocking
- Insurance: Economic & Intangible Losses (Lost Profits, Idle Time, Increased Overhead, Liquidated Damages, Diminution in Value & Suppressed Rentals, Etc.
- Vero Forms New Division With Acquisition of Fidelis PPMWith the acquisition, Vero and Fidelis PPM have formed DRIV Technologies LLC, which will provide dealers with a new prepaid maintenance technology platform designed to drive up customer retention.
- Portfolio Announces New CFO, TreasurerThe reinsurance program manager announced that Pam Hamilton will take over all treasury functions. The company also appointed Robert Dickey as CFO.
- GM Financial's Penetration of GM Retail Sales Grows Globally in Q2GM Financial's transformation from subprime finance source to GM's captive finance company continued in the second quarter, with GM new-vehicle loans and leases accounting for 83.5% of total originations during the period.
- Hackers Demonstrate Security Risks In Connected CarsOn the same day WIRED magazine posted a video showing two hackers take over a Jeep Cherokee traveling down a St. Louis highway, two U.S. Senators introduced legislation that would direct the NHTSA and FTC to establish standards to secure cars and protect drivers' privacy.
- Westlake Customers See Largest Jump in FICO Score, Equifax FindsWestlake Financial Services was recognized by Equifax as the national auto lender whose subprime customers have seen the highest credit score increase over the term of their loan.
- Ally Renews Exclusive Sponsorship of TIME Dealer of the YearAlly Financial has renewed its exclusive sponsorship of the TIME Dealer of the Year program through 2021. Nominations for the 2016 program are now open.
- AskPatty.com Relaunches Certified Female Friendly ProgramAskPatty.com has re-launched its Certified Female Friendly Program with a new focus on marketing consultation for automotive retailers. The company has also added a dealer division.
- Department of Defense Issues Final Military Lending Act RuleToday, the Defense Department issued a final rule that expands the types of credit products covered by the 36% rate cap and other military-specific protections under the Military Lending Act.
- Millennials Prefer Leasing, Edmunds FindsMillennial car buyers are leasing vehicles at a higher rate than the overall car-buying population, according to analysis from Edmunds.com.
- GSFSGroup Earns Third-Straight Dealers’ Choice AwardFor the third straight year, GSFS Group was selected by readers of Auto Dealer Monthly as one of the best reinsurance product providers.
- Vero Forms New Division With Acquisition of Fidelis PPM
- China Leads Global Business Travel SpendingIn the next five years, China business travel will increase by 61% (from $261 billion in 2014 to $420 billion in 2019).
- Camera Technology Reduces Europcar’s Damage Claims by 70%After using safety camera technology in a pilot program, Brisbane Airport’s Europcar saw a 70% reduction in complaints and disagreements about vehicle damage.
- ACE Adds 16 Affiliate Locations InternationallyACE Rent A Car has added 16 affiliated locations to its international network, including 14 airport markets.
- Booking Group Partners With Chinese Travel AgencyAs part of its expansion into the Asia region, Booking Group, an online car rental broker, has partnered with Ctrip, a Chinese-based travel agency.
- Zipcar Names New International PresidentZipcar has appointed Nicholas Cole as its new international president. In this role, Cole will be responsible for driving Zipcar's international expansion in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia and Australia.
- Green Motion Expands to FinlandU.K.-based car rental company Green Motion has continued its European expansion into Finland by opening a location near Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport.
- Zoomcar Launches Doorstep DeliveryZoomcar, an India-based carsharing service, will be unveiling its doorstep services for users before the end of the year.
- eHi Car Services Partners With Chinese BankeHi Car Services, a Shanghai-based auto rental and chauffeuring company, has entered into a five-year framework agreement with China Development Bank’s Shanghai branch for an aggregate amount of $1.5 billion RMB (Chinese Yuan Renminbi).
- Video: FCA Agrees to Record NHTSA Fine, Vehicle BuybackThe automaker reached an agreement with NHTSA relating to how the company conducted vehicle recalls, and will buy back almost 580,000 trucks.
- FCA Recalls 1.4M Vehicles Due to Software HackingFiat Chrysler has issued a recall to update software for approximately 1.4 million vehicles to fix a software loophole that allowed hackers to remotely take over a vehicle through the Uconnect infotainment system. Affected vehicles include the 2015-MY Chrysler 200, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger sedans.
- China Leads Global Business Travel Spending
- Indiana School to Build Tornado Safe Room with $1.6M GrantFederal officials have awarded a southern Indiana school district $1.6 million to build a tornado safe room at an elementary school. The grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency will allow Salem Community Schools to add the safe room at … The article Indiana School to Build Tornado Safe Room with $1.6M Grant appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- New Mass. Police Policy Questioned by Transparency AdvocatesKelly Young was driving down Route 28 in Milton, Massachusetts, when a sedan traveling in the other direction rear ended another car and veered into Young’s lane, hitting his car head on, police say. Young, 56, a father of two … The article New Mass. Police Policy Questioned by Transparency Advocates appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- New Madrid Study Shows Need for Quake Coverage: Missouri Insurance DirectorMissouri’s top insurance regulator says a new report on exposures within the reach of the New Madrid seismic zone reinforces the need for residents in affected areas to purchase earthquake insurance. Missouri Insurance Director John Huff says, however, there is … The article New Madrid Study Shows Need for Quake Coverage: Missouri Insurance Director appeared […]
- Wright National Flood Insurance Co. Ratings AffirmedA.M. Best has affirmed the financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) and the issuer credit rating of “a-” of Wright National Flood Insurance Co. (WNFIC) in San Antonio, Texas. The outlook for both ratings is stable. The ratings of WNFIC, formerly known as … The article Wright National Flood Insurance Co. Ratings Affirmed appeared first on Insurance Journal […]
- Study: Lawrence Area a Hotspot for Kansas Turnpike AccidentsSix of the nine most accident-prone spots along the Kansas Turnpike are in the Lawrence area, according to a study compiled for the Kansas Turnpike Authority. Two of the other accident hotspots along the 236-mile turnpike were in the I-70 … The article Study: Lawrence Area a Hotspot for Kansas Turnpike Accidents appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- IMA of Dallas Adds Madsen as VP, Account ExecutiveIndependent insurance broker, IMA of Dallas, has hired Katie Madsen as vice president and account executive to oversee commercial property and casualty coverage. Madsen has 10 years of industry experience. She has managed multiple Fortune 500 clients, earned multiple prestigious … The article IMA of Dallas Adds Madsen as VP, Account Executive appeared first […]
- More Wildfires in California, But Less DamageThe number of California wildfires so far this year is up, but the acreage burned is smaller, the result of favorable weather and more firefighters who can quickly be dispatched to corral flames, fire officials say. Since Jan. 1, about … The article More Wildfires in California, But Less Damage appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- Mitsubishi Says Edison Claims $7.57B over California Nuclear FacilityMitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. said the operator of the San Onofre nuclear plant is claiming $7.57 billion in damages related to the shutdown of the California facility. The Tokyo-based company said in a filing that U.S. power generator Edison International … The article Mitsubishi Says Edison Claims $7.57B over California Nuclear Facility appeared first o […]
- Former Arkansas Insurance Exec Sentenced for EmbezzlementThe former president of a Little Rock, Ark.-based insurance company has been sentenced to one year and one day in prison for embezzlement. United States District Judge Susan Webber Wright sentenced John Mathis “Matt” Lile, III, age 56, of Little … The article Former Arkansas Insurance Exec Sentenced for Embezzlement appeared first on Insurance Journal. […]
- Anthem-Cigna Deal Could Erode Hartford Region’s Insurance Power BaseIn the mid- to late-1950s, Connecticut General Life Insurance Co. shook the foundation of the city’s venerable insurance industry when it built a suburban office complex in Bloomfield — becoming the first insurer to move out of downtown Hartford. A … The article Anthem-Cigna Deal Could Erode Hartford Region’s Insurance Power Base appeared first on Insurance […]
- Indiana School to Build Tornado Safe Room with $1.6M Grant
Tag Archives: Rental vehicles
Oops!! Self-Insured Owner of Rental Vehicle that had no Obligation to Afford Omnibus Coverage to Permissive Users not entitled to recover $260,000 Settlement Payment.
In an unusual twist, a rental car company insisted it was obligated to pay damages to a third party who was injured by the permissive operator of its rental vehicle and the renter maintained it was not. In Enterprise Rent-A-Car … Continue reading