- Follow AUTO DEALER BUZZ on WordPress.com
- CFPB to Allow Consumers to Voice Complaints Publicly
- Auto Dealers & Regulatory Compliance: If the FTC Comes Knocking
- Auto Dealer Arranged Financing: 51 Laws Dealers Must Know
- Hey Dealer, Can I Get a Loaner?
- Speaking at Automotive Dealer Subprime Sales Success Workshop on April 7-8th in Atlanta, Georgia.
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2010.
Top Posts & Pages
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
- The Graves Amendment: Is an Auto Dealer Vicariously Liable for a Customer’s Negligent Operation of a Loaner Vehicle?
- Auto Claims & Self Insured Retentions ("SIR"): Does the SIR Constitute "Insurance" ?
- Auto Dealer Coverage: No Coverage for Violation of FTC Used Car Buyer’s Guide Regulation
- Are Step-Down (Drop-Down) Liability Limits in Minnesota Automobile Policies Void and Unenforceable?
- Insurance: Economic & Intangible Losses (Lost Profits, Idle Time, Increased Overhead, Liquidated Damages, Diminution in Value & Suppressed Rentals, Etc.
- Can a Self-Insured Retention ("SIR") Constitute "Insurance"?
- VinSolutions Releases Equity Mining ToolVinSolutions has added a new feature to its VinConnect CRM solution called Target. It enables dealers to mine their customer databases to find more existing sales opportunities.
- SureCritic Hits One Million-Review MarkSureCritic's website achieved the milestone in just four years. The firm collects information from a business' point-of-sale system and emails customers requesting a review within 24 hours of their visit.
- SHIFTMobility Integrates Carfax Information Into AppSHIFTMobility has become part of myCarfax, integrating Carfax vehicle information into its ShopLite mobile solution.
- CFPB Faces Mounting Criticism, New Bipartisan BillOn the same day The Wall Street Journal published an op-ed piece critical of the CFPB’s targeting of the indirect auto finance channel, a bipartisan bill was introduced that aims to repeal the bureau’s guidance on dealer participation.
- NIADA Effort to Halt Oregon BHPH Bill SucceedsA bill aimed at restricting the practices of buy-here, pay-here dealers in Oregon is off the legislative agenda following an effort by the NIADA to educate lawmakers about the legislation’s potential harmful effects on consumers.
- The Battle of SacramentoIn 2012, California’s capital was the site of a yearlong battle between state lawmakers and buy here, pay here dealers. Two new laws designed to protect consumers are now on the books, and dealers say they’re causing headaches on both sides of the sale.
- ‘Is It Compliant?’ to Cap Midwest Compliance SummitOrganizers of Compliance Summit have announced that the event will conclude with “Is It Compliant?”, an open-forum discussion of the topics raised in the course of the conference.
- TrueCar Dealer Enrollment Hits All-Time HighTrueCar added 840 franchise and independent dealers in the first quarter of 2015, the biggest ever volume gain in company history, company officials said.
- A Prescription For AttitudeDr. G.P. returns with a powerful new medication that increases effort and performance with very few side effects.
- HookLogic Releases Marketing Attribution E-BookThe e-book details how dealers are using the firm's incentive marketing tools and direct attribution models to increase leads, sales and marketing investment ROI.
- VinSolutions Releases Equity Mining Tool
- Fox to Open Corporate Location in Myrtle BeachOn May 1, Fox Rent-A-Car will open a new corporate location in Myrtle Beach — its first corporate facility in South Carolina.
- Deconstructing the 2015 International Car Rental ShowWe’re opening a much bigger umbrella today, drawing car rental companies — and mobility providers — from all corners of the globe.
- Car Rental Show's 20th Year: New Name, VenueDrawing over 800 attendees from across the U.S. and overseas, this year’s International Car Rental Show took place at Bally’s Las Vegas.
- David Purinton Wins Russell Bruno AwardDavid Purinton, owner and president of PurCo Fleet Services Inc., received this year's Russell Bruno Award for outstanding service to the auto rental industry.
- Enterprise CarShare Announces CarSharing Association MembershipAt the 2015 International Car Rental Show, Enterprise CarShare formally announced it has joined the CarSharing Association (CSA), a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing cooperation between urban mobility providers, cites and public transit.
- Avis Budget Group to Announce First Quarter 2015 ResultsAvis Budget Group Inc. plans to report its first quarter 2015 results after the market close on Monday May 4.
- Enterprise Participates in Car Rental Show’s Opening KeynoteAt the 2015 International Car Rental Show, Susan Lombardo, Enterprise Holdings’ vice president of vehicle acquisition, was part of the opening keynote panel discussion, which highlighted the U.S. auto rental industry and the essential disciplines in the marketplace.
- Used Prices Perform Stronger in Truck ClassesAverage wholesale used vehicle prices rose in March on both a month-over-month and year-over-year basis — up 4.7% compared to February and up 2% relative to March 2014, according to ADESA Analytical Services‘ monthly analysis of wholesale used vehicle prices. The truck classes (vans, SUVs, pickups) performed much stronger than the car and crossover classes. […]
- Avis Budget Officially Acquires Maggiore GroupAvis has officially acquired Maggiore Group, one of Italy’s largest vehicle rental companies, for $160 million.
- Enterprise Extends Partnership with Athlete NetworkThis renewed partnership will expand Enterprise’s recruitment efforts by providing access to more than 500 university athletic departments.
- Fox to Open Corporate Location in Myrtle Beach
- MTM Insurance Associates Acquires Minichiello Insurance in MassachusettsMTM Insurance Associates, an independent insurance agency based in North Andover, Massachusetts, announced its acquisition of Minichiello Insurance Agency, an independent agency in Bradford, Massachusetts. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Following the transaction, Minichiello Insurance Agency will operate … The article MTM Insurance Associates A […]
- Vermont Mutual Names Bridge as President to Succeed CattoVermont Mutual Insurance Group announced that its Board of Directors has elected Executive Vice President Daniel C. Bridge as president of the Group. Bridge succeeds President and CEO William A. Catto who will retire on June 30, 2015. Catto will … The article Vermont Mutual Names Bridge as President to Succeed Catto appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- TWFG Founder Named Gulf Coast Entrepreneur of the YearRichard “Gordy” Bunch, founder, president, and CEO of The Woodlands Financial Group (TWFG) has been nominated Gulf Coast Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young, making him eligible for the 2015 national award. The Entrepreneur of the Year program … The article TWFG Founder Named Gulf Coast Entrepreneur of the Year appeared first on Insurance Journal. […]
- Home Builders Safety Group Earns $117,226 Texas Mutual DividendAustin-based Texas Mutual Insurance Co. announced it awarded a dividend of $117,226 to the Texas Home Builders (THB) safety group. The dividend was earned based on the group members’ dedication to making safety a priority in their businesses and therefore … The article Home Builders Safety Group Earns $117,226 Texas Mutual Dividend appeared first on Insuranc […]
- Arkansas Plaintiffs Want Order Dismissing Exxon Oil-Spill Lawsuit VacatedPlaintiffs are urging a federal judge in Little Rock, Ark., to vacate his order dismissing a class-action lawsuit against Exxon Mobil, claiming the oil giant suppressed evidence in the case. The lawsuit, filed over a 2013 oil spill in a … The article Arkansas Plaintiffs Want Order Dismissing Exxon Oil-Spill Lawsuit Vacated appeared first on Insurance Journal […]
- Ratings of Illinois-Based Specialty Risk of America DowngradedA.M. Best has downgraded the financial strength rating (FSR) to B+ (Good) from B++ (Good) and the issuer credit rating (ICR) to “bbb-” from “bbb+” of Specialty Risk of America (SPRISKA) in Springfield, Ill. The outlook for the ICR remains negative, while the … The article Ratings of Illinois-Based Specialty Risk of America Downgraded appeared first on Insura […]
- Oklahoma Ridesharing Bill Passes Senate Without Discrimination ProtectionsA bill that sets up a regulatory framework in Oklahoma for ridesharing programs such as Uber and Lyft passed the state Senate, but not before a provision protecting gay and transgender passengers from discrimination was removed. The version of the … The article Oklahoma Ridesharing Bill Passes Senate Without Discrimination Protections appeared first on Insur […]
- Insurance Department Recovers $4.4M for North DakotansThe North Dakota Insurance Department says it helped residents recover or save nearly $4.4 million last year. The department says the money was recovered on behalf of North Dakota residents through its hotline, complaints filed by consumers against insurance companies … The article Insurance Department Recovers $4.4M for North Dakotans appeared first on Insu […]
- Approval of New Orleans East Levees a Good Sign for Flood Insurance RatesLevee officials say the Federal Emergency Management Agency has certified non-federal levees in New Orleans East, a step which should help spur economic development in a part of the city lagging in its comeback from Hurricane Katrina. FEMA officials certified … The article Approval of New Orleans East Levees a Good Sign for Flood Insurance Rates appeared fir […]
- Ex-Daimler Engineer Files $2 Million Discrimination Suit in OregonAn Egyptian-born engineer is the latest worker to sue Portland, Ore.-based Daimler Trucks North America. The Oregonian reported the former employee seeks $2 million, alleging his supervisor often called him “bin Laden” and suggested he was a member of al-Qaida … The article Ex-Daimler Engineer Files $2 Million Discrimination Suit in Oregon appeared first on […]
- MTM Insurance Associates Acquires Minichiello Insurance in Massachusetts
Tag Archives: Rental vehicles
Oops!! Self-Insured Owner of Rental Vehicle that had no Obligation to Afford Omnibus Coverage to Permissive Users not entitled to recover $260,000 Settlement Payment.
In an unusual twist, a rental car company insisted it was obligated to pay damages to a third party who was injured by the permissive operator of its rental vehicle and the renter maintained it was not. In Enterprise Rent-A-Car … Continue reading