- Follow AUTO DEALER BUZZ on WordPress.com
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver’s Insurer Required to Provide a “Comparable” Rental Vehicle?
- Auto Dealer Risk Management: Negotiating Dealer-Lender Agreement Terms
- CFPB to Allow Consumers to Voice Complaints Publicly
- Auto Dealers & Regulatory Compliance: If the FTC Comes Knocking
- Auto Dealer Arranged Financing: 51 Laws Dealers Must Know
DisclaimerThis blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not reflect those of the author’s law firm or the author’s past and present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. The law is constantly changing and is different in each jurisdiction. If you want legal advice, please consult an attorney. The opinions expressed here belong only to the individual contributor(s). Gregory J. Johnson © All rights reserved 2010.
Top Posts & Pages
- Leasing, Rentals and Vicarious Liability: An Overview of the Graves Amendment
- Auto Dealer Arranged Financing: 51 Laws Dealers Must Know
- The Graves Amendment: Does it Shield a Taxi-Cab Company from Vicarious Liability?
- Yikes!! Self-Insured Enterprise Rent-A-Car Required to pay $600,000 on behalf of Renter even though Insurer’s Maximum Liability would have been $50,000.
- The Graves Amendment: Is an Auto Dealer Vicariously Liable for a Customer’s Negligent Operation of a Loaner Vehicle?
- Commercial & Personal Auto: Permissive Use, Omnibus Coverage & Split Liability Limits
- Should an Auto Dealer Insurer Defend an Auto Dealer Against “Intentional” Violations of Credit Sale and Leasing Disclosure Laws?
- Known Injury or Damage Exclusion not Applicable in Case of Continuing and Progressive Water Infiltration Resulting from Defective Construction
- Loss of Use: Is the At-Fault Driver's Insurer Required to Provide a "Comparable" Rental Vehicle?
- Supreme Court Upholds Disparate ImpactIn a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court held that disparate impact claims are cognizable under the Fair Housing Act, dashing the hopes of industry insiders who believed a ruling against the controversial legal theory would put a kibosh on the CFPB’s actions in auto lending.
- Protective Asset Protection Receives 2015 Dealers’ Choice AwardProtective Asset Protection was named a Platinum winner in the vehicle service contract provider category of Auto Dealer Monthly’s 2015 Dealers’ Choice Awards.
- KBB Raises 2015 Sales Forecast to 17.1 Million UnitsKelley Blue Book said today that it expects June sales to total 1.5 million units, which would push first-half and second-quarter sales totals to their highest levels since 2005. The firm also raised its 2015 sales forecast from 16.9 million to 17.1 million.
- A1 Software Launches Mobile CRM Sales AppA! Software has rolled out a freemium mobile CRM sales app that allows salespeople to manage prospects, manage and showcase inventory and manage their appointment schedule.
- Exeter Finance Appoints New Executive VPExeter Finance Corp. named Martin Evans as its new executive vice president and chief human resources officer.
- Helion Adds Two Miami Dealer Group ClientsHelion Automotive Technologies now provides managed IT services for two new dealer group clients, Kendal Lexus and Toyota and Braman Motors.
- Honor Finance Secures New Funding FacilityCIVC Partners’ portfolio company, Honor Finance, has established a new funding facility with Wells Fargo Securities. The new facility provides a substantial increase in funding capacity.
- Pay to PlayCompensation can be a major point of contention among dealers, managers and employees. GM explains how initial planning can prevent future headaches.
- What Really Motivates Your Employees?The carrot-and-stick approach is losing its appeal as leaders find new ways to encourage productivity.
- Recording the F&I TransactionAdding cameras to your F&I process can boost production and compliance — and put you ahead of the YouTube curve.
- Supreme Court Upholds Disparate Impact
- Element to Acquire GE Capital's Fleet BusinessToronto-based Element Financial Corp. has entered an agreement with General Electric to acquire GE Capital's fleet business in the U.S., Mexico, Australia and New Zealand for $6.9 billion.
- Lighter 2016 Cruze Delivers 40 MPG HighwayChevrolet's 2016 Cruze compact car enters its second generation with a model that's 250 pounds lighter than the outgoing model and is expected to return 40 mpg highway, General Motors has announced.
- How Much Does Driving Style Affect MPG?We conducted three tests using an in-vehicle data logger with surprising results — and some questions on whether one car’s computer is telling the truth on fuel economy.
- U-Save Opens Location in Los AngelesFranchise Services of North America Inc. (FSNA) has announced the opening of the U-Save Car & Truck Rental in Los Angeles. This new facility will serve travelers at Los Angeles International Airport.
- Enterprise Presents Best Length of Rental AwardsEnterprise Rent-A-Car has recognized two collision repair centers with its 2014 Best Length of Rental (LOR) Awards. The two winners are Arizona Collision Specialists LLC and Goodrich Auto Works.
- Indianapolis City Council Questions BlueIndy SafetyIndianapolis City Council members are concerned about the safety of BlueIndy’s electric rental cars. The all-electric fleet will use Bluecars, an electric vehicle manufactured by French conglomerate Bollore Group.
- San Diego Airport Celebrates Rental Center’s Construction MilestoneSan Diego International Airport celebrated a milestone in its $316 million rental car center’s construction: completion of the 2,000,000-square-foot facility’s innovative concrete facade.
- Avis Expands Partnership with JetBlue AirwaysAvis Budget Group Inc. has signed a multi-year partnership agreement with JetBlue Airways. The new agreement expands the existing marketing affiliation between the two companies.
- Enterprise to Donate $1M Annually to Red CrossThe Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation will donate $1 million annually through the American Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program (ADGP), which helps the Red Cross provide shelter, food and emotional support to victims of disasters.
- Mayfair Named as Top WorkplaceMayfair Rent-A-Car has been named a “top workplace for 2015” by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Element to Acquire GE Capital's Fleet Business
- Fairfax’s Potential Hit from Greek Exposure to be Limited – RBC ReportFairfax Financial Holdings, which bet on a successful turnaround in Greece in 2014, stands to take a hit from a Greek default, but one-time gains and other factors are likely to soften the blow, the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) … The article Fairfax’s Potential Hit from Greek Exposure to be Limited – RBC Report appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- Berkshire Hathaway Entering Australia, New Zealand Health Care MarketBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Co. (BHSI) said it is entering the healthcare underwriting market in Australia, and has appointed Tony Bainbridge, previously with American International Group (AIG), to lead the effort. The insurer also announced it has opened an office … The article Berkshire Hathaway Entering Australia, New Zealand Health Care Market […]
- Judge Won’t Recuse Prosecutors on West Virginia Chemical Spill TrialA judge will let federal prosecutors keep working on a criminal case over a chemical spill last year in West Virginia, shooting down arguments that prosecutors should be recused from the case because they were among the 300,000 people without … The article Judge Won’t Recuse Prosecutors on West Virginia Chemical Spill Trial appeared first on Insurance Journa […]
- Giordano Joins The McGowan Companies as Executive VPDon Giordano has joined Ohio-based The McGowan Companies (TMC) as an executive vice president. Giordano will be working with McGowan’s carrier and distribution partners to create additional excess casualty products and services, which will complement TMC’s industry leading excess casualty … The article Giordano Joins The McGowan Companies as Executive VP app […]
- Disney Bans Selfie Sticks, Cites Safety ConcernsDon’t bring your selfie stick to Disney World. Officials announced Friday that a ban takes effect today at all four Disney theme parks in Orlando as well as at Disney’s water parks and Disney Quest, a gaming attraction at Downtown … The article Disney Bans Selfie Sticks, Cites Safety Concerns appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- Florida PIP Clinic Owner Charged with More Than $100K in Insurance FraudThe Florida Division of Insurance Fraud announced the arrest of Dr. Troy Godsey and Renata Berriel Deazevedo for their roles in a scheme to defraud multiple insurance companies of more than $100,000. Troy Godsey, a licensed chiropractor, established Spine Health … The article Florida PIP Clinic Owner Charged with More Than $100K in Insurance Fraud appeared f […]
- Study: North Carolina’s Outer Banks Risk Losing $2B to Rising SeasWith scientists expecting the seas to rise about 3 feet over the next 100 to 150 years, a new study from the National Park Service says the two national seashores on North Carolina’s Outer Banks risk losing buildings and other … The article Study: North Carolina’s Outer Banks Risk Losing $2B to Rising Seas appeared first on Insurance Journal.
- Texas Court Denies Insurer’s Reinsurance Tax Break ArgumentA Texas appeals court has ruled that an insurer can’t recoup premium taxes reluctantly paid on reinsurance agreements with two public employee self-insured risk pools on the grounds that the risk pools aren’t insurers. In a case appealed from a … The article Texas Court Denies Insurer’s Reinsurance Tax Break Argument appeared first on Insurance Journal. […]
- SpaceX Cargo Loss is Government’s, but Rocket Costs and Backlog UncertainSpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket en route to the International Space Station erupted in flames on Sunday moments after its launch, delivering a potential business interruption blow to the so-far highly successful private space company. The craft was about 21 miles … The article SpaceX Cargo Loss is Government’s, but Rocket Costs and Backlog Uncertain appeared first […]
- New Hampshire Fire Marshal’s Office Urges Fireworks SafetyOfficials from the New Hampshire fire marshal’s office are urging residents and visitors alike to use caution in buying and using fireworks as the July Fourth holiday weekend approaches. They encourage people to buy their fireworks through licensed retail stores … The article New Hampshire Fire Marshal’s Office Urges Fireworks Safety appeared first on Insura […]
- Fairfax’s Potential Hit from Greek Exposure to be Limited – RBC Report
Tag Archives: Rental vehicles
Oops!! Self-Insured Owner of Rental Vehicle that had no Obligation to Afford Omnibus Coverage to Permissive Users not entitled to recover $260,000 Settlement Payment.
In an unusual twist, a rental car company insisted it was obligated to pay damages to a third party who was injured by the permissive operator of its rental vehicle and the renter maintained it was not. In Enterprise Rent-A-Car … Continue reading